Thursday, September 30, 2010

to be 18 again...


to be 18 again...
Originally uploaded by roberthuffstutter
A SHORT ESSAY ABOUT YOUTHFUL VITALITY AND HOW NEWS CAN SLOWLY CONSUME OUR JOY AND SPIRIT By Robert L. Huffstutter

Not to gripe, but to feel this good again would send me into a state of shock. When one is 18, how one feels is irrelevant, we simply take feeling good for granted, like we could climb Everest almost anytime with only a heads up to give us time to pack.

I just turned off news channels and headed back to the History Channel. I feel better already. What we feed our minds does make a difference in our attitude. If I listen to news from morning to night, I will feel continually worse with one complication after another. There was a time when we listened to the news for perhaps a half-hour in the evenings.

To be truthful, when the above photo was taken, sometime in 1960, the only news I got was via the newsreels between the double-features of a San Diego picture show. Yes, the times were simpler then, but we still had a major problem brewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment