Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pickle Barrel, Southside.

THIS IS IN PITTSBURGH,PA...Where the steel industy of the USA was centered for many years. This photo belongs to the Flickr Photostream of a Flickr Friend whose photos of industrial beauty are masterpieces of America in its industrial primetime. Take a look when you get a chance. Now, about the above photo from Robert Dorsett:

Pickle Barrel, Southside.
East Carson and 13th street.
I used to get my lunch here back in 1989. I got the same cheese stake hoagie every day so I could just walk in and they knew what I wanted strightaway. It made the lunch rush go quicker. Burned March 22, 2011. There used to be a green bench around the corner that old men would sit on
and reminisce.
__________________________________

My response: Bob, they will rebuild and the smoked meats will taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment