Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Texas Eagle / Heartland Flyer

Texas Eagle / Heartland Flyer by ottergoose
_________________________________

Wow.........I love this one. You took one marvelous photograph.

It was not until this morning that I realized there are trains leaving Kansas City for other destinations than Chicago or Los Angeles. I can remember when trains left the Union Station for all points. I rode on many of those trains.

Now, for the first time in a long time, locomotives that look like like they belong in front of a passenger train are pulling these beautiful passenger trains. I am encouraged. Hopefully, train travel will once again become a joy for the traveling public.

I would recommend anyone planning a train trip, pick up the Amtrak maps and brochures to find out which trains run where and how many there are. Do not rely on telephone conversations with Amtrak because most of the lines are automated and robotic; it is rare to be able to talk with a live being, and then only after waiting a lengthy period.

My last trip on Amtrak was in 2008 when wife and I took the three of our grandchildren to St.Louis for a few days.

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us Flickr viewers who love trains and travel by train. I now boast more than 900 Flickr Galleries and many of them pertain to trains in America.Check out my galleries when you have time:
www.flickr.com/photos/huffstutterrobertl/galleries/

___________________________________
Photo by Nick Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment