Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mickey's Diner, 1955

Mickey's Diner, 1955 by HaarFager
Mickey's Diner, 1955 a photo by HaarFager on Flickr.

LOST IN THE 60S...yes, the cars were different back then. While these beauties were from the 50s, I was out driving around in the 60s, and hanging out at diners like these. Notice that todays autos all look very similar, like box tops, mostly, while these babies were different, each having its own persona. Ah, to go back and take my camera with me. HaarFager has done a great scene here, in reality, and then photographed it for the pleasure of people like me, a guy who is forever lost in the 60s. Thanks, my friend, for a moment of joy. I can almost smell the burgers inside.
____________________________________________________
Mickey's Diner, 1955
This is probably not what you thought it was. Instead of being an actual picture from the 1950's, it's another one of my "mini dioramas" featuring some of my 1:64 scale M2 Machines Auto-Thentics diecast cars. These little cars are just loaded with detail! The hoods and doors open and they have real rubber tires and metal bases. And did I mention all the detail they have in the interior and under the hood? Marvelous is all I can say!

This picture features the following M2 Machines Auto-Thentics, from left to right:
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air
1955 DeSoto Fireflite
1953 Ford Crestline Victoria
1955 Pontiac Star Chief

I'm telling you, if you see some of these in a store somewhere, you have to check them out! Ever since I picked up the 1955 Pontiac Star Chief, I've been wanting to feature it in some kind of picture like this. Something that still amazes me when I work up pictures like this is that this particular image is only about 7 inches wide! 1:64 scale cars are perfect for this medium.

Explored on August 26th, 2009.

1294ff

Uploaded by HaarFager on 26 Aug 09, 7.05AM PST.

No comments:

Post a Comment