Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kansas

Kansas by Pete Zarria
Kansas, a photo by Pete Zarria on Flickr.

Many people say that Kansas is flat and boring. To me, it is flat, but very interesting. One never knows what is just over the horizon. As a youth, I anxiously waited for the day when I was old enough to drive across Kansas to see the great Rocky Mountains.

I hitch-hiked across Kansas a few time while in the navy. I will never forget the time when I was about two-hundred miles west of Manhattan, Kansas. Five young Kansas coeds gave me a ride. It was almost blizzard conditions. I thanked them time and again as we traveled back to their college, Kansas State. It is one of those memories that has lasted through the years. It was a good deed and one that would most likely not be repeated today. By R.L.Huffstutter
_________________________________
GREAT PHOTO BY PETE ZARIA
Kansas by Pete Zarria

No comments:

Post a Comment