Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere - But Not A Drop To Drink

Water, Water Everywhere - But Not A Drop To Drink
I've been saying that one morning, we'll all wake up here in America and things won't work - the telephone, television or your sing when you turn on the faucet. So, was I surprised a few moments ago when I turned on the tap and nothing came out! It turns out there's a water leak about a block away from my home and they were working on it. Boy, was I relieved to know it wasn't the fundamental transformation! (i.e. Revolution.)

Uploaded by HaarFager on 2 Aug 10, 7.21AM PDT.
_____________________________________________________

It was with more than a chuckle when I browsed HaarFager's photostream this morning and noted the fire hydrant, one of my favorite icons of the America I have come to love during the past sixty-plus years of my life in this great American democracy.

It's good to know that I am not the only one who has some paranoia about "fundamental transformation."

Thus, the frontispiece for yet another unique Flickr gallery. Thanks to HaarFager...

No comments:

Post a Comment