Sunday, February 5, 2012

SANTA MONICA -- 28 March 1964

A GREAT BALANCING ACT, but this image also gives one an idea of the traditional beachfront styles of homes that lines the Promenade back in the 1960s before the concrete was poured and the Promenade would would never be the same. Today, there are no homes for less than one-million dollars available. In 1961, I could have bought a beachfront cottage for $10,000. Why didn't I buy the cottage? I was in the Navy and knew it wouldn't be long before it was time for my duty change from NAS North Island to some foreign duty port ooor perhaps to a carrier. I enjoyed my weekends in Venice as often as possible.
__________________________________
SANTA MONICA -- 28 March 1964
Photo project for state college photo journalism class back in 1964.

No comments:

Post a Comment