Sunday, February 5, 2012

SANTA MONICA 28 March 1964

Those of us who were of that 60s generation might vaguely recall evangelists. Who among us listened? Whatever his reason, he made the photograph a "one-in-a-million" type of photo and Lance was there to capture that moment in time. It is a photo that speaks volumes in the history of the 60s generation lifestyles. Really, upon looking at the young women and young men, they were a very peaceful and docile group. What a great photograph.

I am particularly fond of these photos because this area of Santa Monica was one of my old playgrounds when I first arrived in California in 1959. Eventually, after spending 5 years in the U.S.Navy, I returned to this area and found it slightly changed, but still a fun place to reside for awhile. My thanks to Lance for permitting me to feature these priceless photographs of a time long gone, an era with some fond memories. These are much more than snapshots, they are images of a history of the 60s generation.
__________________________________
Thanks to Lance Nix for permitting me to exhibit his classic reminders of my memories of Venice Beach, California
_________________________________
SANTA MONICA 28 March 1964 by Lance & Cromwell

No comments:

Post a Comment