Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NYC: Vietnam War Protest - Found Photo

This photograph brings back a lot of memories. It reminds me how this nation became angry and divided; it reminds me of the ideologies that were created specifically from demonstrations of this nature. It reminds me of those who did not want to serve; it reminds me of those who did serve and lost their lives. It reminds me of some of the leaders who are in charge of our policies in government today, advisors to our President. It is also a photo that reminds me of time when Americans in the homeland had almost unlimited freedom in the choice of their lifestyles, their personal habits and the autos they drove.

...it reminds me of the stupidity of men like Robert Strange McNamar, now deceased. And it reminds me of men like Lyndon Baynes Johnson, a President who kept our aviators from flying missions that would have won this war for democracy. But Lyndon wanted to make the war political, playing games with Mao, and Lyndon wanted to become the big guy who planned each bombing missions. Ask the vets from Viet Nam what they think about these two men...

Thanks to High Steel Heels for this great reminder. NYC: Vietnam War Protest - Found Photo

Uploaded by High Steel Heels on 25 Apr 09, 10.21AM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment