Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MY STUDIO WITH DOGS, A PHOTO BY R.L.HUFFSTUTTER

A SHORT ESSAY ABOUT MY DOGS AND THE OLD CABIN IN THE WOODS

When I feel like it is time to get out of my home for awhile, I either head west to California or some other area, especially where the weather is warmer. However, at this point in time, I have some new responsibilities and cannot go too far, so I head for my cabin in the woods. It belongs to a good friend, but in some respects, it is mine because he told me he will leave it to me in his will.

There are many times when I take my dogs. We are there within twenty minutes. I do my large oils here, sometimes outdoors when the weather is right. The light is always right outdoors, cloudy or bright. Just painting out of doors mean much. My dogs love the smell of linseed oil, so I have to keep them in a nearby pen while I am painting oils, inside or out.

There's a fireplace in the old, secluded cabin and it knows fine fires. The dogs enjoy laying by the hearth and watching my every move. Why do dogs do that? Sometimes, though, I watch them; one is always awake, though he pretends to be sleeping. We watch the fire togeher and enjoy the same warmth. I think they enjoy the sight of the flames too.

Many thoughts run through my mind as I watch my dogs. I wonder if someday we will talk on a level plane where they will tell me what they liked about me and remind me about the days when I hardly paid them any mind at all. I hope those days are few. I enjoy watching my dogs wagging their tales as the fire settles down and I finally retire, sometimes right on the floor with them.

I love my dogs and I think they love me.

By Robert L. Huffstutter
_____________________________________________________
Tags for this photograph by R.L. Huffstutter:

FREE-ART PUBLIC-DOMAIN OLD-DOGS OLD-MEN CANTANKEROUS GRIPPERS WHINERS PHOTOSTREAM TICKED WHO-CARES? CABIN-IN-THE-WOODS LINSEED-OIL DOGS-BY-HEARTH MY-DOGS STUDIO-IN-WOODS WILLS AUTUMN-MASTERPIECE BEST-PHOTOS SERENITY SLEEPING-WITH-DOGS

Uploaded by roberthuffstutter on 10 Dec 10, 6.22PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment