Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inspiration Point, The Grand View

ABSTRACT ART HAS BEEN A FAVORITE GENRE OF MINE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. This gallery is dedicated to my beloved art teacher, Lucy Jenkins, Van Horn High School, Kansas City, Missouri.

Now deceased, she was one lady who inspired students through her individual attention to each student. She always accented the positive. Her attitude and upbeat approach to each individual's talent has always reminded me that art is a strictly personal subject.

"If you enjoy it and it pleases you, that is what matters," was her advice. If Lucy taught me anything about art, it was composition, but whatsmore, it was her personal attention to me that helped me to realize as I went forward in life, that paying attention to individuals is an important part of being a friend, a father, or simply a passing stranger, helping one who needs a little help or some kind words and a smile.

Yes, I remember Lucy Jenkins' smile and compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment