Saturday, August 8, 2009

"ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY, NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU..."JFK

"ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY, NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU..."JFK
Let there be no mistaking, I have seen and heard JFK alive and in person in the autumn of 1960 in San Diego, California and it was JFK who said, "Ask what you can do for your country, not what can your country can do for you." JFK was a Democrat; he had served as a Naval Officer during World War Two. JFK was the hope for the 60s generation. His belief in personal freedoms, freedom of speech and equal rights for all people of all colors and creeds made him the long-remembered hero of my generation. I was proud to serve under JFK as my Commander in Chief as I had under Dwight D. Isenhower, and eventually, under President Lyndon B. Johnson. Having seen each of these Presidents, plus President Harry S. Truman, also a military veteran, I was one proud American. Today, our Constitution gives me the hope I believe we will need to make these United States of America a proud and first-class nation once again, a nation that knows our enemy, a nation that deals with each individual on a an equal basis. I respect the office of the President of the United States and it is my hope that President Obama will understand that he represents all of the people, not an exclusive group of ultra-liberal ideological individuals. This is my opinion and I am proud to be able to publish it without fear of intimidation. Robert L. Huffstutter.

Uploaded by roberthuffstutter on 7 Aug 09, 9.54PM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment