Monday, November 16, 2009

DAYS OF WINE AND BAJA SAND...

This snapshot was taken by a friend on the beach south of Ensenada, Baja, Mexico in the 1960s. The bottle had been full of very good red wine from a neaby winery and had no warning label, but of course it would have made no difference. These were the days when life was relatively free from government regulation, government suggestion and filled with reasons for fulfilling personal dreams and ambitions without guidelines for social conversations, abortions, prayer, display of our flag, or questions about the legitimacy of coinage inscribed with "In God We Trust." Thus, if I seem to refer to a time of personal freedoms and liberties with a fondness, I have just listed a few reasons. As for the civil rights bills that would be passed, in my mind there was never any question about civil rights for every American; it did not require an act of legislation for me to understand that everyone was equal; in my mind, everyone had always been equal. Nevertheless, my feeling were not shared by all, thus the Civil Rights Act was welcome and in order for a better America.

No comments:

Post a Comment