Saturday, November 14, 2009

from Detroit to Quebec and back to Montreal 172

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO POST THIS IN MY GALLERY. HERE'S THE COMMENTS THAT ACCOMPANY THIS FANTASTIC IMAGE:

...it's a silent comment on the beauty of the elderly in repose and a loud protest against the crushing machines to delete the memories of these tired bodies, finally at rest...
If I live another 20 years, the Lord willing, I shall have a Packard just like the Packard owned by dear old dad, a fellow I rarely saw in my youth. He came to visit, once or twice a year, driving his Packards, until he finally decided he would rather walk. That is when the visits ended. When I turned sixteen and was able to get around the city, I visited him a few times and took him out for beer at Marshalls in Kansas City, his favorite haunt.

The last time I saw him was at the Barrel Buffet at 12th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, back in 1976. He passed away about a year later. Of course, his Packard was long gone.
_____________________________________________________

from Detroit to Quebec and back to Montreal 172
Cemetary of Packards hidden and forgotten on Detroit's east side for decades. I once pulled off an original Packard hubcap in 1996 (Piquette & Russell hole in fence on I75 side) Heres another in the series www.flickr.com/photos/picspicspics/2384342861/

Uploaded by no body atoll

No comments:

Post a Comment