Friday, January 1, 2010

GRANDFATHER WITH LITTLE FRANK, JR.

ESSAY ON OLD VINTAGE PHOTOGRAPHS

This is one of many vintage photographs I have saved from our family albums. It has taken some doing, but through the years, whenever I saw a box of our old photos that seemed to be destined for attic storage or out of the way in some remote location, I have saved them in special places for just such times as these. I knew the time would come when I would want to review them once again.

Having been to some old estate sales as a young lad in Missouri, I saw tons of boxes of old photos being sold in odd lots by relatives eager to rid themselves of all the memories of beloved relatives. At the time, it seemed very odd and confused me. Why would one get rid of old photos of people who were dear to them I asked myself. I would have purchased those boxes had I had the money, but I will never forget the sadness. Will we all end up in old boxes at estate sales someday? Hopefully, we have taught our children better; hopefully, the memories they have of us will spare us such fate.

Robert L. Huffstutter

GRANDFATHER WITH LITTLE FRANK, JR.

Uploaded by roberthuffstutter on 12 Jun 09, 9.33AM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment