Monday, September 5, 2011

YOUR GUIDE TO PACIFIC OCEAN PARK

Pacific Ocean Park, often referred to as POP was a major attraction in the Santa Monica and Venice Beach area for a short time, beginning in 1958 and lasting until around the mid-60s.

For those who were there, the magic of the area might have become fond memories.

For a total trip of the area, take a look at my watercolors and sketches of the area in my Flickr Photostream. You will find numerous links to historical references and vintage photos of the area. I have, I believe, created a virtual trip back into the 1960s of Venice Beach and the Strand leading up to the Santa Monica Pier where the famed Merry-Go-Round still turns with its caliope music, thrilling all ages.

While the sun shone a little brighter for me 50 years ago, I still have quite a good time remembering walking around and goofing around in Venice Beach and on the pier.

Original brochure in my personal collection. RLH

No comments:

Post a Comment