Saturday, March 17, 2012

1950 Plymouth (USA) p1

1950 Plymouth (USA) p1 by IFHP97
1950 Plymouth (USA) p1, a photo by IFHP97 on Flickr.

IF ONLY THEY STILL MADE THESE CLASSICS...The two-door fast back was my first auto. I purchased it in Trenton, Missouri from my Uncle Frank Huffstutter who had a used car lot on 9th street. It was a bright green and a real beauty. I soon found out that it had been "souped up" in that the heads had been milled for more compression. I could go on with many tales about this first car, but I don't want to simply ramble on like the 70 year-old that I am. Let me conclude by saying it was a great memory, one I purchased by flipping hamburgers at the Old Big Six Burger on 24 highway and Arlington. It had a pin-ball machine, a counter and a juke box. It was "the" place around for the giant tenderloin. On Friday and Saturday nights, one could see my Plymouth parked out back until closing time, my time to get into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment