Sunday, May 8, 2011

General Douglas MacArthur's Lockheed C-121A Constellation -Bataan

General Douglas MacArthur's... by wingsnstuff
___________________________________
I have added this image to several more of my Flickr galleries. I now have nearly 800 galleries, many of a historical nature.

History is such a comforting subject in one's advancing years for several reasons. It is an intensely active subject without requiring the viewer or reader to be totally mobile. Whatsmore, the history I enjoy ends in the manner it should, in my opinion, with the victory celebrating the defeat of evil.

What will happen in the future, in a time when my generation will have exited, is still to be seen. I can only hope that the genes of our fighting and victorious forces of the past will remain dominant in future generations.

The recent victory over the infamous designer of the WTC tragedy gives me some assurance that our fighting men and women will prevail over the evils we have yet to meet. Robert
___________________________________

My sincere gratitude to Vance V. Lessard, the photographer, for permission to include this photo in my online blog. His Flickr photostream, aptly named WINGSNSTUFF, features many unique photos of aircraft.
___________________________________
I want to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Lessard for his military service.

No comments:

Post a Comment