Sunday, May 1, 2011

Imressions of Guthrie by James Kendall

IMPRESSIONS OF GUTHRIE, OKLAHOMA By James Kendall. It is a watercolor and an immediate favorite of mine. There is a quality about this, a tone or suggestion that touches me personally. I believe it is the lonliness I experienced and have experience at various times throughout my life during my search for a love lost, a purpose for being on earth, a reason for continuing. For me, it has some strange emotions, emotions however that no longer matter due to my age. At this point in time, I can only recall myself 30 years ago, searching, searching, searching. What did I find? I found that in this temporal world, it is the fond memories that are the treasures; it is the ability to record those memories either through art or literature that makes any difference to the person who has had the experience, the people who have experience similar emotions. In this respect, all of us who have suffered some despondency of a serious nature can assemble in spirit knowing that in some small way, we found a way to survive. For those still in their youth, keep searching and do not stop until you find the person for whom you search.

THIS IS ONE MASTERPIECE...in my opinion. It transcends time and the memories of a lifetime for me, personally. I admire your talent and style. Your compositions make viewing art a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment