Thursday, October 6, 2011

MEMORIES OF SEXY SUMMERS IN THE SIXTIES

"I Will Always Be Young, the Big Lie"
by Robert L.Huffstutter

Do you remember when you were in your twenties and you knew you would always be young, fit and ready for whatever came your way with a smile?

This is one of the old Mustang brochures I stowed in a trunk back in 1969 when I bought a baby blue Mustang fastback. The year was 1969--the trade-in was the 1965 red Mustang convertible my wife bought before we were married.

She has always said the only reason I married her was because she had a brand new red Mustang convertible and I had only my Hush Puppies and was living in a low-rent apartment in Venice Beach. I didn't need a car. Or maybe it was the Traymore Hotel up on a street near Wilshire.

It has been so long ago, I can't really remember, I'm just glad it was the sixties and I was young and could sit in the club car of the Santa Fe's Southwest Limited and sip Vodka Martinis all the way home.

That was living. Indeed, it was a joyful life and time was standing still. I would forever be young and able.

Nevertheless, I took the Santa Fe back home to Missouri to check out her new Mustang. The rest is history. (That is not my wife in the bikini on the beach.)

No comments:

Post a Comment