Saturday, October 22, 2011

SANTA MONICA 28 March 1964

MEMORIES TOO SWEET TO FORGET, SANTA MONICA IN 1964, one of a set of 23 by Lance Nix.

This set is posted in the Flickr Photostream Lance & Cromwell (Back with Vacation Fotos)
___________________________________

I am particularly fond of these photos because this area of Santa Monica was one of my old playgrounds when I first arrived in California in 1959. Eventually, after spending 5 years in the U.S.Navy, I returned to this area and found it slightly changed, but still a fun place to reside for awhile. My thanks to Lance for permitting me to feature these priceless photographs of a time long gone, an era with some fond memories. These are much more than snapshots, they are images of a history of the 60s generation.
___________________________________

SANTA MONICA 28 March 1964 by Lance & Cromwell (Back with Vacation Fotos)

No comments:

Post a Comment