Monday, November 29, 2010

manhattan pier


manhattan pier
Originally uploaded by skschang
ONE OF MY FAVORITE ARTISTS, A TRUE IMPRESSIONIST IN MY OPINION AND ONE THAT WILL ACHIEVE GREAT FAME IN THE HISTORY OF ART

I watch your work and enjoy your various subjects. Please let me know when you have your next exhibition. I would like to attend.

This painting has inspired another gallery, IMPRESSIONISM DEFINED IN WATERCOLOR with the following text:

This is one of my favorite works of art by one of my favorite artists. Having studied impressionism for many of my nearly 70 years, I have seen many paintings. This is one of the best I have seen; this is one that has the style I like, the style I would pick if I had a choice of choosing a personal style. But style is individual and belongs exclusively to the artist who painted the work. This is the difference between art and favorite art.

A SHORT ESSAY ABOUT MANHATTAN PIER

Some might ask why I mention how a work affects me personally when I comment on gallery items and that is a valid question and one that deserves a valid answer.

Manhattan Pier exists both on the surface of SKYCHANG's watercolor surface and bespeaks the work of a master watercolorist; it speaks volumes about the art of watercolor to those who love and appreciate this medium.

As one who truly loves watercolors and Manhattan Beach, it is extra special to me. Thus, my mention that my 17th summer was spent in the shadows and in the warm Pacific sunlight around and about this pier, this legendary landmark, warms my heart, restores my youthful dreams and expectations and it is very special to me personally.

It is, however, a terrific watercolor. So, in a nutshell, a mini-essay about SKSCHANG's works and my youthful summer many, many years ago.

Thanks for letting me exhibit your work.
Robert L. Huffstutter
_____________________________________________________

manhattan pier
manhatten beach, ca
w/c sketchbook

Uploaded by skschang on 31 Dec 06, 8.16PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment