Tuesday, November 2, 2010

rabaul


rabaul
Originally uploaded by Wolfie Rankin
Since I first began reading about the places where artists went to paint, and then when I began reading about places where soldiers went to make headquarters in world wars, I have found Rabaul to be most interesting geographical subject matter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rabaul
A photo from Mums boyfriend
"Norman Berwick" taken during the war
with the japanese in the pacific.

"Myself and members of my crew, taken while on a cross country hike.
12.10.41 Rabaul"

Norman is second from the right.

I've left the images a bit rough because
they look more like actual photos rather
than the harshness of crystal clear
digital photos.

I'm not against digital at all, but if it's
old, that's fine... why should it be cleaned up?

Uploaded by Wolfie Rankin on 7 Jun 06, 1.50AM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment