Saturday, November 27, 2010

Red Barn


Red Barn
Originally uploaded by Nick Leonard
I knew that once I walked into one of these places, I had better have a hotel room nearby because chances are, when my time inside the lounge ended, I would need to sleep until way past noon. Life as an alcoholic had its advantages--one usually got plenty of sleep, but in retrospect, what a waste of time it was now that I have common sense I didn't have back then.

NICK LEONARD might have one of the best collections of old Las Vegas anywhere in the world. While browsing, I just happened to come across this red and very distinctive cocktail glass with a cherry, a sign that once beckoned me to enter and let the fun begin. But I ramble on, the best way to judge this marvelous collection by Nick Leonard is to take a look at his photostream, especially the VINTAGE LAS VEGAS group.

I have added this glowing masterpiece to several groups where I believe it will get its just due in praise and awards. I love it, and I rarely use the word "love" to describe anything but my first love of my life, which was either alcohol or a woman I left behind. Time will tell, but its too late now for regret. I shall just go on in to the cocktail lounge and continue writing the great American novel about love, war, fast cars and the 60s.
_____________________________________________________
Red Barn
www.nickleonardphoto.com

Uploaded by Nick Leonard on 22 May 10, 4.25PM PST.

No comments:

Post a Comment